Williamson County Amateur Radio Service, WC-ARES, meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month at the Round Rock fire station at 2919 Joe DiMaggio Blvd. Google map link.
Our meetings start at 7:00 PM and we try to have a Guest Speaker, ARES Topic or Training at each meeting which last for about an hour.
WCARC and WC-ARES support two open repeaters:
- 146.640 PL=162.2 in Georgetown *
- 145.450 PL=162.2 in Taylor
* We hold a training net on the 146.640 repeater every Sunday at 8:00 PM
Here is a copy of the WC-ARES Net Script in Word and .pdf format:
Here is a copy of the 2012 WC-ARES Emergency Comm Plan in .pdf format
WC-ARES supports various Public Service events in the area:
- Outlaw Trail 100 mile bike event
- Red Poppy bike event
- Spokes and Spurs bike event
We preform monthy test on the Amateur Radio equipment installed at the following hospitals and EOCs on the 3rd Friday of the month at 4:00 PM.
- Cedar Park Regional Medical Center
- Scott and White Hospital, Taylor
- Scott and White Medical Center, Round Rock
- Seton Medical Center Williamson
- St. David's Georgetown Hospital
- St. David's Round Rock Medical Center
- Cedar Park Police Dept.
- Round Rock Fire Station #6
We have a Yahoogroup to keep our members informed on what's going on radio wise in the area. Feel free to join.
All are welcome.
For more info please contact:
Ken Malgren K7MAL